The abundance of products is going to make you feel overwhelmed at first, but fear not – as soon as you dig deep enough into the subject and learn the basic features of desktop vaporizers, you’ll soon be ready to identify the best unit for your needs.
- Different Types of Desktop Vaporizers
- Best Desktop Vaporizer Brands
- Top 5 Best Desktop Vaporizers
- Other Quality Desktop Vaporizers
- Must-have Features of The Best Desktop Vaporizer
Different Types of Desktop Vaporizers
Finding the best tabletop vaporizer is a very individual case. Not only do home units vary more than your average portable device, but they are also more challenging for your budget.
Money aspects aside, when you find the best desktop vaporizer, you’ll discover a myriad of advantages it comes with. Above all, home units are not constrained by size, weight, shape, or battery life – they’re always here for you when you need them.
Another argument in favor of tabletop vaporizers is the flavor and density of vapor they produce. Simply put, vaping herbs and concentrates from a desktop unit and doing the same with a portable device is a heaven-and-earth experience. Finally, home vaporizers use convection as a heating method, which is not achievable with a portable device.
When it comes to finding the best desktop vaporizer, you should know that some models produce vapor in a different way, and some units are better in terms of bringing out its flavor and density than others. Read on, as knowing these three subcategories of desktop vaporizers may be decisive for your final choice.
You can read SHADED Co's full vaporizer guide.
Inhaling vapor from bag vaporizers is quite a unique experience. Such units work best for meetups with friends, especially if you feel comfortable with walking around with the bag, which is actually quite convenient. The vaporizer will fill the bag with vapor, allowing you to take casual draws from the bag until it’s ready to be filled again. It’s a considerable option for people who appreciate both the comfort of use and the good quality of vapor.
Those who savor the casual session experience will appreciate whip vaporizers. Such units ensure longer smoking sessions with greater capacity and more draws. With a whip vape, you can expect full flavor and very cool vapor that goes smoothly to your lungs. In other words, whip vapes are the desktop vaporizers highly unlikely to make you cough – at least from my own experience.
Direct Draw Vaporizers
Direct draw vaporizers will provide you with an experience similar to a bong or a steamroller. These units are perfect for people who like to squeeze the most out of the vapor’s flavor. If you’re aiming at high efficiency, best vapor density, and the maximum effect from your volume of herb or concentrates, you should turn to a direct draw unit.
Best Desktop Vaporizer Brands
The endeavor of seeking the best tabletop vaporizer entails starting with reconnaissance and exploring different brands that produce such units.
Each brand has its own style of designing vaporizers, as well as their most renowned products. That being said, before you start scouting on the best brands, you should determine the way you want to vaporize your herbs or concentrates, and once you’re done with that, seek a manufacturer that is well recognized among the community of vaping enthusiasts.
To wrap it up, there is one factor you should particularly pay attention to – users’ reviews. The more 5 or 4-star ratings the better. After all, no marketing efforts are capable of blotting out a sincere opinion based on the personal experience.
Storz & Bickel
Storz and Bickel are placed among the most widely recognisable brands within the vaping industry. The German manufacturer gained its reputation thanks to the Volcano Vaporizer, whose success paved the way for other other brands and products in 2000. When asked about the original vaporizer, the vast majority of vaping veterans will probably indicate the Volcano model.
It’s no wonder that Storz and Bickel is considered a revolutionary brand within the vaporizer industry, particularly on the scene of home vaporizers. The brand is known for their robust and outstandingly durable and reliable products – that’s why other vaporizers by Storz & Bickel, such as Mighty and Crafty series, don’t cease to amaze their users with the top-notch quality of finishing.
When searching for the best desktop vaporizer, one simply cannot walk past Arizer and their products without consideration.
Arizer is a Canadian manufacturer who’s becoming the leader within the vaporizer industry. Not only are they popular for the quality of materials, but they also come with a slightly broader offer than Storz & Bicker. The company is responsible for producing some of the most powerful and durable portable and desktop herb vaporizers in the world.
Among their portable units, you’ll find the Arizer Solo model, which is the world’s smallest handheld battery portable vaporizer. Nonetheless, Arizer’s most successful child is the Arizer Extreme-Q Vaporizer – a multi-purpose unit with a Whip system, thanks to which you can use it in literally any type of way. Actually, there’s a reason why the Extreme-Q Vaporizer is called ‘the jack of all trades’.
Arizer products will suit any user, and if you also enjoy a sleek and modern design, their vaporizers will even strengthen your love for those devices.
7th Floor Vapes
7th Floor Vapes joins the race to win the title of the leading vaporizer manufacturing company in the world. Their mission is to make a better life for all people who are into vaping. The company’s responsible for two highly esteemed units on the global market – these are Silver Surfer Vaporizer and Da Buddha, both of which are not only functional but also beautifully designed.
7th Floor Vapes does its best to ensure the desired customer satisfaction, as they believe that it’s of utmost importance when it comes to trust between a brand and a customer. With top-class quality parts and durable core, the company is on their route to finally become the no.1 vaporizer brand in the world. As for now, it seems like 16 years of consistent effort finally bears fruit in preserving a strong position in the industry.
Top 5 Best Desktop Vaporizers
Volcano Classic Vaporizer
|View ProductView on Grasscity|
Arizer Extreme Q
Arizer Extreme Q
|View ProductView on Grasscity|
|View ProductView on Grasscity|
VapeXhale Cloud EVO
VapeXhale Cloud EVO
|View ProductView on Grasscity|
Magic Flight Muad-Dib
Magic Flight Muad-DibVapeXhale Cloud EVO
|View ProductView on Grasscity|
If you don’t need to be portable and will always vape in the coziness of your home, it goes without saying that you’re that type of person who’s just meant to have a desktop vaporizer.
Tabletop vaporizers are more reliable, easier to share with friends, more powerful, and easier to set up with all kinds of inhalation programs (balloon, whip, bubbler). In fact, the only advantage of portable vaporizers over desktop units is their mobility – nothing less, nothing more.
As you already know, finding the best desktop vaporizer is not an easy task. The abundance of products, along with the rising numbers of manufacturers, may be confusing at first. Fortunately, by looking at the top best desktop vaporizers reviews, you’ll definitely have your options trimmed down because you will gain insights to which particular units and brands are recommended and trusted by users. Below, you’ll find the best home vaporizers for herbs and concentrates according to buyers.
1. Volcano Classic Vaporizer
If there is one vaporizer that doesn’t need an introduction, it’s Volcano Classic by Storz and Bickel. Released in 2001, Volcano Vaporizer has held its pristine reputation for 16 years, which is a good indicator that you’re facing the best desktop vaporizer within the whole industry.
What’s in the package? Well, Volcano Classic is equipped with an innovative Easy Valve Starter Set that allows you to draw even more from the vaping balloons. In terms of various temperature levels, the vaporization temperature can be set between 130 C and 230 C, so you can adjust the unit according to your personal preferences. Speaking of the balloons once again, they are maintenance-free and always connected, making the vaporizer much easier to use.
One of the greatest advantages of the Volcano Classic vaporizer is the quality and potency of vapor. It only takes a few minutes until the largest balloons can be filled with a potent and flavorful vapor – simply put, it will impress even the most demanding user. More interestingly Volcano Classic is one of the few vaporizers to have been certified for the medical use of dry herbs and concentrates. When we put these values together with the robust and completely electromechanical design and the shapely, brushed metal cone, it’s no wonder that users consider this product one of the best home vaporizers on the market.
When it comes to downsides, there are two issues with Volcano Classic. To begin with, your vaping sessions will require much more material to get started than the average vaporizer. Another flaw – which could actually be referred to as a nuisance – is the limited versatility, because all you can do with this unit is blow balloons.
In conclusion, the Volcano Classic Vaporizer is the most reliable product on the market right now. If you’re searching for a desktop unit that simply won’t break, the “granddaddy of all vaporizers” will certainly serve you well.
2. Arizer Extreme Q
Unlike Volcano Classic, the Arizer Extreme Q is the most versatile vaporizer right now. Because of various attachments, Arizer Extreme Q can be used to inhale the vapor with the whip or with the balloon.
Also known as “the Jack of all trades”, Arizer Extreme Q comes with even more functions than its former models. First of all, you can now use the fan to force the vapor, which is invaluable in using the whole potential of your stuff. Moreover, this desktop unit works well with both dry herbs and concentrates – this, without a doubt, compliments the overall versatility of the device. It doesn’t matter if you want to go big with your vaping sessions, or you just prefer to stay casual; Arizer Extreme Q will adjust to the circumstances. Plus, it has a remote control in case you fell into a lazy mood.
However, when compared to Volcano Classic, Arizer Extreme Q doesn’t produce such a flavorful vapor, not to mention that it’s not that its use may become slightly irritating for large groups of vapers. Nevertheless, for a price of $170 dollars, the value this vaporizer provides is unparalleled, so if you’re a casual vaper, you may freely write this model down on your list of best desktop vaporizers.
3. Volcano Plenty
It’s high time you met another Storz and Bickel powerhous – the Plenty Volcano Vaporizers. Being extremely powerful, user-friendly, and adjustable for group-settings, Volcano Plenty deserves its third place among the best desktop vaporizers.
Unlike the Classic model and the Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer, the Plenty unit doesn’t use balloons or whips – this is a true direct-draw vaporizer. Another favor of this model is that it’s hand-held, which means there are no balloons or bags included in the kit.
Combine this with extremely powerful heating system and a really capable bowl, and you’ll be close to finding the best compact desktop vaporizer in the industry. The power of the Volcano Plenty unit will ensure the best long-lasting sessions with the powerful hits drawn from the device.
Alas,Volcano Plenty has one major downside, i.e. it consumes herbs like a hog, so when considering this option as your vaporizer, make sure you are in a good economic situation.
4. VapeXhale Cloud EVO
If you feel like you’re one of the toughest high-tolerance beings on the planet, the VapeXhale Cloud EVO vaporizer may soon verify your self-esteem. Being one of the best desktop vaporizers on the market, this unit also has unmatched reputation for being the hardest-hitting device within the whole industry.
VapeXhale Cloud EVO is meant to be used with a bubbler, also known as a Hydratube. The Hydtratube makes it easier for the user to handle the gargantuan clouds of vapor coming out this inconspicuous unit, as it smooths out the vapor with water filtration.
What makes VapeXhale Cloud EVO place so high on the list of best desktop vaporizers? It’s actually the only vaporizer that has an all-glass air path, as the route is completely separated from the heating element and electronic stuff. Furthermore, there’s the seducingly flavorful vapor coming out of this desktop unit. In fact, VapeXhale Cloud Evo produces the best taste of vapor among all desktop vaporizers in the low-to-mid temperature levels.
So there it is, not only one of the strongest but also one of the safest desktop units for all vapers.
5. Magic Flight Muad-Dib Concentrate Box
While it’s arguable whether you can call this unit a desktop vaporizer, it is hands down the best vaporizer for inhaling concentrates.
The size of the Magic Flight unit may not make you take the device seriously, but as soon as you learn how quickly it can heat to 482 C, you’ll stop questioning the power of this vaporizer. Interestingly, the model was crafted by over 30 artisans in California and it’s protected by signature lifetime warranty. If you appreciate durable vaporizers whose single charge can handle over 50 uses, you’ll be more than satisfied. Moreover, Magic Flight Muad-Dib Concentrate Box is also equipped with a charger so that you can enjoy your concentrates in the comfort of your home. Thanks to a convenient whip, the experience of taking draws from your concentrates reaches a new dimension.
Unfortunately, this vaporizer is made exclusively for concentrates, so while it’s undoubtedly one of the most powerful vaping units for extracts, it won’t work with dry herbs. That being said, such a constraint may loom a shadow over your final choice.
Price : $119.00
Other Quality Desktop Vaporizers
As you may have noticed, most products from this list of top 5 best desktop vaporizers are from Storz & Bickel or from Arizer. While these products are unmatched when it comes to the overall quality, they may be quite challenging for your budget. If you can’t afford an expensive vaporizer, or you’re just starting your adventure with herbs and concentrates, you may want to consider the following units:
- Da Buddha Vaporizer – the Da Buddha Vaporizer from 7th Floor Vaporisers is an American heavy-weight desktop unit that comes with a super simple design and thick clouds of flavorful vapor inhalable through a whip. However, it’s not recommended to bring it to higher temperature ranges, as the vapor will get very harsh.
- Silver Surfer Vaporizer – it’s another product from 7th Floor Vaporizers that features a variable speed forced-air fan for people with sensitive lungs. You can expect the same potent performance as if you inhaled the vapor from Da Buddha. It’s one of top-of-the-line units. Upon the purchase, you will also receive a 3-year warranty as well.
- Arizer V Tower – one of the cheapest desktop vaporizers from the producers of the Extreme Q unit. It offers digital temperature control, a ceramic heater with lifetime warranty, and a full accessory kit. In case something broke down with your vaporizer, you can always count on the excellent customer service the brand provides.
- VaporCup Vaporizer – a true life saver for herb and concentrates consumers who care about their privacy and appreciate discretion. This desktop vaporizer comes with ultra descreet cup design, stainless steel construction, 1-year warranty, and temperature & battery level display, not to mention that it’s pleasingly easy to clean. The product is compatible with dry herbs.
- Vapir Rise Vaporizer – this vaporizer has been painstakingly developed by the specialists at Vapir and is considered one of the best desktop vaporizers with the modern design. The whole kit includes 3 inflatable balloons, 2 silicon tubes, and different sized mesh screens for dry herbs. Considering the ratio of price to quality, Vapir Rise Vaporizer seems like an interesting pick.
As we’re getting closer to the end, it’s critical to pinpoint the key features of a decent desktop vaporizer. We gathered them in a small buyer’s guide you’ll find below.
Must-have Features of The Best Desktop Vaporizer
While all vaping units – both desktop and portable – serve the same purpose, which is delivering the ultimate experience to the user, there are some crucial factors that will influence your final decision, more or less.
- Herbs or concentrates? It’s a mandatory question you should ask yourself. When it comes to choosing the best desktop vaporizer, you should draw your attention to deluxe tabletop models that are equipped with an attachment for concentrates, which make such a device a perfect choice for medical consumers. In terms of this criterium, it all boils down to your own preferences. If you enjoy potent hits that don’t require decarboxylation, you’d probably go for a more expensive home unit with the above attachment. On the other hand, if you’re loyal to dry herbs – or have never heard of concentrates – you can save some money on your vaporizer by purchasing a unit designed exclusively for vaping flowers.
- Budget – settling a budget is a must before you start shopping for a desktop vaporizer. In fact, if you’re a novice vaper, you may very well give up on purchasing a home unit, and instead turn to a portable vaporizer. Nevertheless, when you decide to buy a tabletop vaporizer, some models may feel intimidating because of their price. Fear not, as you don’t have to break a bank in order to buy one of the best desktop vaporizers on the market. Sometimes, a sum slightly above a hundred dollars will do the job – unless you’re a savory vaper who seeks more sophisticated experience.
- Convenience – this actually comes down to the way you want to use your vaporizer. If you prefer vaping on-demand, concentrates will make a lot of sense, as there is no heating time and the whole process takes less time. Preparing the device is also of great importance. When vaping dry herbs, you should clean your device regularly, not to mention that the chamber must be loaded before every use with the ground herb. Last but not least, determine the method of inhalation. Do you enjoy vaping with balloons? Or are you a fan of inhaling the vapor directly, or through a whip? Think about it for a second before you launch the search engine.
Choosing the best desktop vaporizer for herbs and concentrates may be a hard nut to crack. Determine the purpose and key features of your dream vaporizer, and before you start hunting on tabletop vaping units, read the user reviews of a particular model on the Internet – it will surely help you make the final decision by eliminating products that are not worth consideration.
When you trim down your choices and find yourself the best desktop vaporizer, it will serve you for years, and should anything bad happen to your home unit, most manufacturers provide their customers with a textbook example of customer service, let alone the extended periods of warranty almost each top vaporizer brand ensures.