You can benefit from marijuana in many aspects of your life, but helping you pass the drug test before getting your dream job isn’t on the list. Many people ask how to get weed out of your system, and if you have any doubts about it, type the phrase “how to get weed…” and see the first tip on the search screen. Therefore, it’s time to bring some answers to the table. Shall we?
Why Would You Consider Getting Weed Out Of Your System in First Place?
Well, there are many reasons why you would want to ‘flush’ your system of cannabis. But, first, it may be your suspicious parents who, ‘for the sake of your own good,’ want you to take a drug test to see if you’re ‘clear’ or not.
It may very well be a road check should the all-righteous officer decide you look like you enjoy lighting up, but for the most part, it will be a drug test for employment purposes.
How Do Employers Run Their Drug Tests?
Most of the time, these drug tests will involve sole urinalysis, which means that they’re going to check your pee for THC metabolites.
Okay, wait for a second… What on earth are metabolites?
Metabolites are byproducts of a given substance after it leaves your body. In short, when you consume cannabis, THC levels in your bloodstream will rapidly increase. However, as your body processes the THC, making the substance leave your system, metabolites are left behind – the aforementioned urinalysis can check these metabolites.
How Long Does It Take For Weed To Leave Your System?
There are plenty of factors that determine how long marijuana will stay in your body.
- Your weight and total body fat: THC and THC-COOH are stored in fat cells. Given this, the more body fat you have, the more THC and metabolites will be inevitably stored in your system. The good news is that now you will be more motivated to lose extra weight. Always look at the bright side of things!
- Your metabolism & living habits: as we just mentioned, THC stores itself in fat cells, so it will have fewer chances of storing itself in your body fat if there’s not much body fat in the first place, right? With that said, the faster your metabolism, the sooner weed will leave your system, and it couldn’t get any more simple. On the other hand, if you’re chubby by nature and don’t incorporate any physical activities into your daily routine, you may have a hard time getting marijuana out of your system, especially that THC detox is, least to say, sad.
- How often you use weed: the frequency of consumption is of the essence when it comes to determining how much THC stays in your system. Do you smoke like a chimney or are you rather a weekend stoner who simply enjoys marijuana from time to time? This leads us to another question: when you’re smoking, do you take a puff or two, or do you swallow the whole blunt? It goes without saying that being a heavy stoner entails having much more THC in your system than if you didn’t indulge yourself in the green goodness so often. Apparently, marijuana detox will be inevitable.
- The form in which you consume marijuana: it’s not so bad when you’re smoking dry buds, as these don’t excel at THC content as much as concentrates do. Speaking of the latter, some of marijuana extracts are remarkably potent, and with such inventions like moonrocks or sunrocks, you’re going to deliver large amounts of THC to your system. On the other hand, when using dry buds, the quality of your stuff is important, too – there actually is a difference between using the top quality herbs and smoking some schwaggy stuff when it comes to passing drug tests.
Other Types Drug Tests You Can Expect
To answer precisely how long it takes for weed to get out of your system, we can’t limit ourselves to one type of drug test, as your future employer may be more creative than you imagine.
So, where else will they look for THC in your system? Aside from the urinalysis, drug tests may involve checking your blood, hair or saliva for the presence of Tetrahydrocannabinol.
How Long Does Weed Stay In My System?
Depending on the examined material, the amount of time required for weed to get out of your system will vary slightly.
- Urine: if you’ve only smoked cannabis once, a urine test will spot it within 7 days. If you’re a regular pot user, detection times will vary between a week and 100 days, although usually, there should be already no trace of cannabis in your pee after a month.
- Blood: the second most common test for the THC content is a blood test. Blood exams can detect marijuana in regular users up to 7 days after the last time they got high. For those who tried cannabis only once in their lifetime, these tests will be valid typically for 24 hours.
- Hair: hair tests may be a bit tricky. While they don’t work with people who smoke cannabis occasionally, these tests can detect THC for months after the last time you smoked if you’re a regular user. What’s worse, if you consume marijuana heavily, hair tests will detect it after years since your last smoking session.
- Saliva: saliva exams are the embodiment of absurd. They can detect THC in your saliva up to 24 hours after you took the last hit, and the idea behind these tests is to prevent pot or drug users from driving vehicles. The point is that you can drive your car within 2 hours or so after the high wears off, so even if you’re all sober at the time, you may face some serious consequences for the so-called ‘driving under the influence of a mind-altering substance’.
How To Get Weed Out of Your System?
Source: Feed The Seeds
Okay, let’s say you know the theory like the back of your hand. Now it’s time to gain some practical knowledge that will help you pass a drug test.
How to get weed out of your system? We’re afraid there won’t be any half-measures involved, but here’s how you can speed up the process.
While detox is associated with drinking lots of juices to get rid of any toxins from our bodies, it completely doesn’t work with marijuana – although it would be nice if you could go on a THC detox by taking increased doses of THC. Sadly, if you know you’ll be searching for a new job any time soon, marijuana detox will entail going cold turkey for this period. However, if you don’t indulge in cannabis regularly, it will be the simplest and best method to get weed out of your system. On the other hand, if you’re a dedicated stoner, THC detox will still be simple, but you’re certainly going to miss the creative and soothing buzz for some time.
If the time of your drug test draws near and you’re all sweaty about the potential results, you’ll be looking for a quick fix for the problem. So how to get weed of your system pretty fast? Luckily, there are plenty of detoxification products available on the market to help your body get rid of harmful substances in 3 to 6 days. Such products are all-natural, and they include herbal supplements to cleanse your system of THC. However, before you take the workplace drug test, make sure to buy a home test kit to check if THC is really gone.
Let’s say you’ve already used some detoxification products, but you’re still panicking the day before your test. If you wondered how to get weed of your system in 24 hours, we suggest you check the Web for same-day cleansers that temporarily target the urinary tract to process metabolites to give you a window for providing your employer with a clean urine sample. So, technically speaking, a same-day cleanser could technically help you pass a drug test in 24 hours.
Do you want to look hot in a bikini? Do you want to sip a cold martini? Do you want to get the weed out of your system and pass a drug test? Then, you’d better work, work!
Okay, now, seriously, working out is best for bursting up your metabolism. As your body loses weight faster, your body fat levels will decrease as well. As a result, it helps you rid the body of metabolites – including THC – and ultimately gets you the job of your dreams. Combine strength workouts with cardio (walking, running, swimming, biking, cross-training, etc.). Although it takes a lot of effort even to start exercising, there’s no better way to detox your body of marijuana than to give yourself a hard time at a gym or on the run. However, don’t exercise for at least 24 hours before taking the drug test; working out will break down your fat cells, releasing THC metabolites into your system.
Mind The Diet, Please
Nutrition is one of the most overlooked aspects of our lives. People stopped paying attention to what they eat, and some countries, such as the USA, Poland or Canada, are fighting extreme rates of obesity in comparison to the previous century. Although fast food and sweet snacks sound like a hedonist’s dream come true, they’re not only bad for your overall health, but they’re also going to slow down your metabolism. Thus, it won’t be that easy to flush your system of weed, as processed food is dangerously high in sodium and plain sugars, resulting in water and toxin retention. When trying to get weed out of your system, stick to healthy foods like lean meat, vegetables, fruits, and, above all, drink much water to stay hydrated.
Drink Tea And Citrus Juices
Tea is a natural detoxing beverage that comes packed with antioxidants and vitamins that speed up the process. Jasmine tea, green tea, black or white tea – you name it, but be sure to drink a couple of cups a day to provide your body with large amounts of antioxidants and electrolytes. Citrus juices, in turn, are rich in vitamin C, which proves invaluable for detoxing your body of various metabolites by bursting up your metabolism. Therefore, incorporating teas and citrus juices into your nutrition plan is necessary for effective marijuana detox.
Use Proper Supplementation
Certain chemical compounds can speed up your THC detox. If you’re in great need of such supplementation, we suggest that you buy group-B vitamins.
Vitamin B-2 or B-12 is the most effective for improving the marijuana detox, not to mention that they’re available in most local drug stores. Take 50-100mg a couple of hours before the test. Your urine will be more yellow than usual; it’s a good sign, though, because it means your body gets rid of the aforementioned metabolites.
Another product to keep in mind is Creatinine, a chemical byproduct of muscle metabolism. Creatinine is naturally present in the human body, and it’s what makes your urine diluted. Where to buy Creatinine? Although it’s quite difficult to find the sole substance, you can buy creatine supplements in health stores or gym shops. Creatine degrades into creatinine, and it gets in your urine. Taking an above-average dose of the supplement several hours before the test should do the job.
This may be the ultimate solution for heavy stoners who are about to attempt a drug test, and they’re sure as hell that laboratory workers will detect THC in their urine. When dilution is out of the question, another option is to substitute your pee with synthetic or powdered urine. As stupid as it may sound, such products are commercially available, so if you see no other chances to pass the drug test, you’re going to have to reach for this quirky alternative. If you don’t have the opportunity to purchase fake urine, substitute it with the real urine of somebody who doesn’t use cannabis.
We’re wondering how far you can go to pass the drug test…
Anyway, the advantage of substitution over other methods is that you know that the provided sample will be clean. There’s no way that the lab will detect THC in the substituted pee unless, of course, this kind of person who gave you the urine had a strange sense of humour and decided to play with you.
However, things start to get tricky as soon as you enter the facility. First, you need to conceal the clean urine when entering the lab and then pour it into your sample cup during the test so that nobody notices you’re cheating.
For the most part, if you’re undergoing a pre-employment drug screen, it’s doubtful that they will watch you as you pee in the cup. Usually, lab workers will provide you with a private bathroom to pee in the toilet. Nonetheless, some folks in the lab may stand right by the door and listen if you’re actually urinating, so remember to keep the appearance.
Now, this is where the scenario gets twisted. Since labs measure the temperature of your urine right after you provide them with your sample, it’s paramount to keep the pee close to normal body temperature. Otherwise, it can be flagged as invalid, and you’ll fail the test, meaning that you will either have to pass it again or the employer rejects you for cheating. If you really need this job and are determined to do whatever it takes to achieve your goal, place the substituted urine in a microwave and heat it to 45 C. Place the jar in your purse or bag to keep it warm when on your way to the lab.
Let’s Wrap It Up
All in all, taking a drug test after marijuana consumption – especially if you’re the wake-and-bake guy – may be a burdensome experience that can make you feel anxious and afraid of being rejected by your future employer. Thankfully, now you know how to get weed out of your system, even in potentially hopeless cases. Even if you failed with your THC detox, there’s still a chance that you’ll be able to spur flushing your system of cannabis. Lastly, you can always substitute your pee with someone else’s urine – or buy the fake one and hope that you’ll eventually pass the drug test.
Have you ever been subjected to a drug test? How did you manage to get weed out of your system before submitting the sample?